When the thermometer temperatures are on the rise, let Peppermint Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
Cool you and your horse down.
Tip #1) Sponge Baths: I love to put just a drop or two of Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils into a bucket of cool water and then give the horses a sponge bath in the mornings. Peppermint and Lavender are my favorite oils to use. The horses stay cool, calm and relatively bug free all day, even in roasting weather!
2) Drinking Water: Add a few drops to the horse’s water trough. Start with a single drop so they get used to the taste for a few days. Most horses LOVE the taste of Peppermint! Work your way up to a few drops in the water trough. This adds a refreshing, cooling effect that lasts longer than plain water.
3) Shampoo Baths: Need A Cool, Clean Horse? Add 1-2 drops of Peppermint to Animal Scents Shampoo for a cooling, soothing, chemical free bath.
4) Misting: Spritz the stall, Horse Trailer, YOU! Add 1-10 drops of Peppermint to a 4 ounce glass Spritzer bottle mixed with Distilled water, Aloe Vera Juice or Witch Hazel for a hydrating, refreshing lift.
5) Cool Ice: Freeze a container of water with a few drops of Peppermint to make a big Peppermint Ice Cube. Use this in the water trough, water bucket or feed dish. For variation, add in some horse treats, carrots, apples, etc to encourage your horse to go for the cube!
6) Cool Feet: Dap a few drops of Peppermint around the coronet band.
7) Cool Feed: Use a few drops right in your horses feed, mix with a bit of water. Start with just a drop so they get used to the taste. Increase the amount over several feedings as they adjust to the taste.
These are just a few of my favorite ways to help keep horses cool in the summertime heat. Use your intuition and imagination for just the right things for you and your animals!
Article by Sandy Rakowitz, Young Living Independent Distributor #75479
Buy Peppermint and other Essential Oils Here
Subscribe to my Essential Oils eNews by emailing Sandy@onehearthealingcenter.com
Become a Young Living Essential Oil Distributor with the One Heart Team
“Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. ” ~ Mary Lou Retton
Leave a Reply